Skillful delegation is one of the most important management skills and yet it is notoriously difficult for managers to crack. When done well, the benefits are huge for the manager, the employee delegated to and for the organisation as a whole.
It enables staff to learn and grow, frees up the manager’s time to enable them to take on new responsibilities and finds the most efficient and cost-effective use of the organisation’s resources.
By the end of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Know when and how to delegate and who to delegate to
- Realise what stops them from delegating and learn effective solutions for each
- Accurately measure each individual’s suitability for a job
- Devise a delegation plan appropriate to the individual’s level of readiness
- Get the right balance of supervision for each individual without being too intrusive
- Communicate the task so the employee delegated to knows exactly what is expected and is motivated to take it on
- Develop a stronger, more cohesive and productive team
- Grow their staff’s capability and therefore increase the capacity of the team
- Get the job done in the most efficient and cost-effective way for the organisation
- Free up time to take on higher value tasks for themselves
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date